Thursday, November 17, 2011

Loosing Sight....

So the last couple of months I have been trying to work extra hard and earn extra money so that we can pay off some debt that we have. I know you all know how much of a burden debt can be. Today I asked my mom about a little boys funeral that was yesterday that we knew, and as she told me about it I couldn't help but cry. How could I be so selfish worrying about money, that in a sense I am ingnoring my kids. We only have a few short years with our children and family is sooo important. The last few days my wonderful husband, has been saying to his overly stressed wife..."I am so grateful to have a wife like you who is willing to be a mom!", and I sit there and think "yeah right", but I am not a very good one. Though I have had another of may reality checks. My children are precious to me, and I feel that I am missing so much time to spend with them. So today I am making a goal to stop working at 3 so that I can spend more time with my kids, some quality mommy time! I am so grateful to Heavenly Father for my sweet children, and what they teach me.... I hope that I can keep that perspective, and not forget the hugs along the way!

2 comments:

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

We've all been there, , ,and I gaurantee that it won't be the last time :) So for now have fun enjoying them-we all need reminders every once in a while! Thanks for the reminder! love ya!

Brianna said...

Having to work to make ends meet is something I am VERY familiar with. I used to tell everyone that once I got home from work, my time was my childrens, and I would not let anything interfere with that! That is the only way we made it through the past few years. Even though the time we spent together was either in the car, or snuggle time at the end of the day, I did my best to make the most of our time and reserve it just for them. It has always been my hope that they have seen that, and that they understand that even though i"ve had to work, that they know how much i Love them!!!

Enjoy your time with them today! :)