Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Can I have 1 just like it?

  So I saw on Crafty Cupboard (which is like my new favorite craft blog) that she had done a new scripture case. I thought it was adorable! I said to myself when I have time I am going to make me one. Well today because of certain circumstances I had some extra time on my hands (one of them being sick kids). So I went through the stuff I had and I came up with this.
I used a pant leg from one of Tyrone's pants, and I found black with white polk-a-dots. I also had some left over pink from Amea's baby set. So I got to work as I was reading on her blog I realized that the tutorial was on Delia Creates. (Which is another great craft blog) I had so much fun doing it. I also got to use my new ruffler that my mom gave me! She is the best! I used it to make the flower I love it!
So whenever I make something Tyrone normally always says can I have one just like it.... so this time I did. I made him one too. We had car seat straps from Ty-kell's old carseat that I used and leftover fabric from recovering the chair, and walah....
I think we are going to look so snazzy at church on Sunday with our new scripture cases!
We will see if Tyrone likes his... He might be a little embarrassed infront of his priest, but I think it looks awesome! I feel like I did a good job manning up a scripture cover!

5 comments:

Pattie D said...

I love them! So cute...I saw that post and thought I should make me one too....
I guess it is only fair you made one for Tyrone, since you DID take a pant leg for yours!
GREAT JOB!

Cassie said...

You are SO cute Aimee! You both will totally look "snazzy" on Sunday!!! They look great!
Hope the kids get to feeling better :)

Michele said...

cute! I love those blogs too!

Brianna said...

I LOVE them! Can I have one just like it too? ;)

I think you "manned" tyrones up really nicely! I'm sure he'll love it!

You are so talented!!!

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

These are perfect!! He should strut his stuff with a scripture case like that!!! They turned out so cute-do you think I could make one for my tiny scriptures?? Great job aimee-you have a great talent!!