Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The legend...

So this year I sort of adopted my sisters tradition, and decorated our tree after a book. We decided to do The Legend of The Candy Cane. I love this book. It is about a man who comes to a town and opens up a candy shop. He decides to share the candy cane story with everyone. That the candy cane is like a J for Jesus, and that it looks like a shepards hook. And that with his strips we are healed. We had so much fun decorating the tree in red and white.
Ty-kell loved helping.

He liked putting the beads on as a necklace.
Daddy and Ty-kell reading the story.
Ty-kell enjoying a Candy Cane while daddy read the story.




2 comments:

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

So beautiful! i love the red and white against the green!!! looks like ty-kell had a ton of fun ;)

Brianna said...

I love that story. I haven't found the box its in yet, so we have yet to enjoy it as a family so far this year...but we will get there. The tree is really pretty! :)