Wednesday, January 13, 2010

BIG BOY bed

So for Christmas Tyrone made Ty-kell a big boy bed. He really didn't get it done in time for Christmas but he did a week or so later. Thend for Christmas I made Ty-kell a big boy blanket... I had to unpick some of the things that I had done previous, but I think it turned out adorable. I didn't buy anything for it I just used what we had. My husband also made the bed without spending any money. One of the church buildings was being remodeled so they had all of the old chair railing sitting around and Tyrone said I will take it and made this beautiful bed for Ty-kell. I love it. The wook is oak I think and we stained it dark. My husband is so talented. He also made me one of those leaning latter bookshelves for Christmas that he scavange the wood for the house building sites close to us. You know when you have no money to spend... it pays a lot to be creative. And not to mention it was a ton of fun.The whole bed all done an put together with his new big boy quilt. A little better view of what the bed looks like Ty-kell loving his new bed, he was making the funniest faces.On the back of the quilt I put the train applique that I did for Ty-kell bumper pads. I thought it was a nice touch.

4 comments:

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

Very Very cute!!! and i love that it was cheap :)-your so creative and i love the little train on the back it really does add a nice little touch!!

Brianna said...

I love the bed and the quilt! Nice job you guys...and you can tell from the picture that Ty-kell is really loving it!

Dawnise said...

How cute!!! and what a fun idea for you and your husband. I think they turned out very nice! Good Job mom and dad!!

Sabrina said...

Ty-kell is one lucky little boy!