Thursday, April 1, 2010

Stopping and smelling the flowers...

Yesterday I needed to run to the grocery store for some flour because we were all out. I was in a hurry because Tyrone would be home soon and I needed to make this cake for my Relief Society meeting. Ty-kell is very indepent and he likes to walk around and shop. Well yesterday it was just him and me and I just needed to pick up flour, so I didn't get a cart and let him walk. When we walked in he saw the flowers and he stopped to smell every single one it felt like. And there were a lot. Then we got our flour, and we were headed out when again he stopped to smell the flowers. Everyone standing there thought he was so cute. Then all of the sudden it hit me, really, how often do I not stop to smell the flowers? I am so grateful for Ty-kell and how sweet he is. And how he has reminded me it is more important to stop and smell the flowers, because maybe one day there wont be any flowers.

1 comment:

Brianna said...

I love how our little ones remind us of so many important things. I know for me, I am often too busy and in a hurry...so thank you Ty-kell, for that wonderful reminder!