Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Amea's Big Girl Bed

This is Amea's Big Girl Bed. I love that I have such talented men in my life. My Dad was so wonderful with his mad engineering skills to take a bed that I really like and make designs for it. So cute right. My sweet husband wishes he could have made it but because of extreme distance between his resource and him he was unable to make it. My Dad made it up into a kit that Tyrone was able to put together. We painted it white aged it and added some nice poly to it. You can't tell in the picture, but unfortunately the poly was a little old and so there are yellow streeks in it that we didn't notice until we started. So we might be slightly refinishing again at a later date. Amea is so excited to have a new big girl bed. We are going to put the baby in her room but due to late arrival she is in the room by herself which she is not finding very fun. It is a little bit of struggle to get her to stay in her room because she wants to be with Ty-kell. Amea is very much like her Dad in that manor... she does NOT like to be alone. So hopefully her little sister will make her appearance soon, so Amea will have a roommate again. The quilt on the bed I made and my wonderfully talented mother quilted for me. I am so lucky to have awesome parents, and one amazing husband!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

That looks AMAZING!!! You and your family are SO talented!!! Love the quilt and the bed frame!!! Hope your little one makes her appearance soon :) I'm sure you're all anxious to finally meet her!!! Can't wait to see pics when she arrives!!!

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

I LOVE THIS!!!! It turned out amazing all the kids are atanding here telling me it's cute!! We are all impressed!!!