Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It is merely a flesh wound

So Monday morning Tyrone woke up and had this great day planned. He was going to go collect pop cans (we are poor so we are doing what poor people do...haha:), seminary preparation, finish up spanish, and then he would hang out with my son and I for the rest of the day. Well he got up around 6ish, and told me that he was going out to collect some cans. I am not inherant of the Petty genes, and I do not like to wake up any earlier than I have to. So I said ok have fun, and went back to sleep. Around 7:30 Tyrone comes in asking for some hydrogen proxide, and I asked him what did he need it for. And he said, " I was walking along the edge of the wash along the back of the houses and I ran into some rebar". So needless to say after we talked for a while we decided that he was not up to date on his tetanus shots, and that we would have to go into the urgent care and get a shot. So with our baby not dressed and not fed we dropped him off at grandmas and headed to the ugent care. They told us that if we just wanted the tetanus shot it was going to be 77 dollars, and like we could pay 77 dollars for a shot... so we said we would see the doctor. They cleaned him up and now he has a pretty good battle wound. We are so greatful for all of his sacrifice. Even though no money was probably made from the pop cans he did collect.




2 comments:

Brianna said...

Wow...that looks terrible! I'm so sorry Tyrone. You are still planning to get a shot somehow, right? That's pretty important...and there are many places that won't charge you $77 bucks for it, thankfully! Good luck and let me know if you need anything!

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

That is worse then i was imaging!! Good Luck in your next collection of pop cans :)