Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My Friend is sick!

This is Ty-kell's fish. We decided to get him a fish because he has been asking for a puppy and we told him he needed to show us that he could take care of a smaller animal, before he got a puppy. Ty-kell named his fish My Friend. He loves to wake up and say good morning, and feed My Friend. Yesterday he started getting white stuff on him, and if any of you know fish, that means he has ick. We were explaining to Ty-kell last night that his fish was sick and that we were going to get some medicine for him, but that his fish still may die. When I told him this he said " He go to Heaven with my trantula?". Ty-kell has been very interested in where things go when they die. I told Ty-kell that if he did die he would go to heaven with his trantula. Then I said to Ty-kell maybe if we pray to Heavenly Father, he can help your fish. So as he was saying his prayer "Heavenly Father my fish needs to be better" I was fighting back the tears. As a sweet little boy was pleading to his father in Heaven for fish. I am so thankful for those sweet tender moments of faith. And as he was going to bed we were hearing from his room. "Heavenly Father, Please don't let my fish die"... I love the spirit Ty-kell brings and I am so grateful for his childlike faith, to help my testimony to grow. And I am greatful for his fish....My Friend.

5 comments:

Brianna said...

Our girls each had a beta. Tati's was white (so cool) and named Casper. Arianna's was red and named Troy. 2 weeks ago we lost Casper, and this morning we said goodbye to Troy. The girls pointed out to me that now the two fish were together again, in fishy heaven. That realization helped us all to get through the morning with a few less tears. They had both been a part of our family for over a year, and they were special to us. I'm glad we know that each of Heavenly Father's creations are special, and that Heavenly Father's plan is simple enough for little children to understand. Their faith is always an example to me. Both girls are now praying that Green Monster (Casper's replacement) will survive. We think they both just died of old age...but its hard to be sure.

We hope "My Friend" gets better soon!

Pattie D said...

Oh what a sweet boy! He is such a good little boy. I hope My Friend overcomes the ick!

Rachel said...

Oh he is such a sweetie! Love the fish's name! hopefully he will get better.

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

What a sweet moment!! Oh by the way I love the haircuts so cute!

Cassie said...

That is so precious! What a cutie you have!!!! Hope the fish gets better :)