Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Post Just For My Sister

I know others are going to open this post just by pure curiosity, and that is okay go ahead and read. Though, this post mainly has to do with things for my sister.

So this is just for you... I hope you enjoy! First our family took your challenge to plant something we decided to build a planter box, and plant some vegtables. I know you can tell that my husband, built it! It is nice and sturdy and big. He learned from our Dad. We don't have a fence around our backyard and we share with our neighbors. So I told Tyrone I feel a little White Trailor Trash with this huge planter box on our back porch. Though I know we will enjoy the fruits of our labor. The box cost us about 50 dollars. We got the wood on sale, because someone bought it and returned it. It was a lucky find. Then we got some dirt at wal-mart. And we got the seeds at Fred Meyers. They were having a half off sale! By the way we have a ton of wood left over. We planted some green beans, zucchini, carrots, and three tomato plants. Let's see what happens. OH, and some marigolds to help with the bugs. By the way I DO NOT LIKE marigolds. But they help.



Second,

This is no pressure! ;) But Boise is beautiful in June! I am just saying. And Ty-kell misses you!

3 comments:

Brianna said...

How cool! We are working on planting things this year too! We are excited. So far we have roses, potted flowers in the front, and strawberries!

I know the post was just for your sister...but be sure to show us how things grow, because it would be fun for us to see too! :)

Rachel said...

Whats funny is I am totally jealous of your super cool planter box! Want to tade? lol My pots are actually leftover centerpieces from my wedding haha

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

LOL- Is that a little bit of a hint :) Thanks for taking on the challenge, and I am very impressed with the planter box-and the deals you two cooked up!! I'll get back to you on your suggestion :)